This recipe was submitted by Rita. It is dairy, egg, wheat/gluten, soy, and peanut free.
Thanks for sharing your recipe, Rita!
Chocolate Oat Brownies
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup applesauce
- ⅓ cup canola or corn oil
- ½ cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350. Oil an 8x8 inch baking pan and set aside. In a food processor (or blender) blend the oats until they turn into a powdery flour. It doesn't have to be fine since the oat texture adds to the brownie. Transfer the oat flour to a large bowl. Add the cocoa, baking powder, and salt to the oat flour. Mix well.
- In the processor or blender, mix the brown sugar, applesauce and oil. Add the almond milk and vanilla extract. Mix well. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix. Stir in the nuts and chips. Pour batter into the pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.