Grab your fondue pot and gather your friends and family around to enjoy this decadent dairy free chocolate fondue. It's easy to make and fun to eat!
Food allergies often make entertaining more difficult. I used to worry about making foods that were "safe" for my kids while tasting good to everyone else. Desserts often include some type of dairy. Ice cream, whipped cream, buttery cookies, and cakes are all off-limits for those with a dairy allergy.
That's why I love this dairy free chocolate fondue. To make it, you only need a couple of special ingredients including dairy free chocolate chips and a dairy free milk alternative. And even with substitutes, you won't be able to tell the difference.
Not only that, but it is so easy to make and serve! Just put all of the ingredients in your fondue pot, heat, and stir. You can have all of your "dippers" on a plate beforehand so when everything is melted you're ready to serve.
No fondue pot? No problem!
If you don't have a fondue pot, don't worry - you can still make this! Just cook the fondue in a small saucepan on medium-low heat. Transfer the melted mixture to a small glass dish and reheat in the microwave when the mixture gets too solid for dipping. (It probably won't be around long enough to have to go through that step, though!)
You'll want a variety of foods to dip in your chocolate fondue (that's half the fun!) We've tried a lot of different "dippers":
Fruit: bananas, strawberries, cherries, kiwi, starfruit, blackberries
Other treats: "safe" pretzels, mini cupcakes, large marshmallows.
Enjoy the fondue! And don't forget fondue etiquette: no double-dipping! 🙂
More chocolate recipes
Dairy Free Chocolate Fondue
- 1 (10) ounce package "safe" semi-sweet chocolate chips like Enjoy Life
- ½ cup soy or rice milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ cup "safe" miniature marshmallows
- Kiwi Fruit
- Sliced bananas
- large "safe" marshmallows
- Cereal bars cut in small pieces
- "Safe" cookies
- "Safe" cake
- Set fondue pot on low or warm setting. Add the chocolate chips, milk and oil. Melt the chocolate chips, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth. Add marshmallows and stir until melted and mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Using dipping forks, dip the "dippers" in the fondue pot coating well with the chocolate. Enjoy and have fun!
Did you try this recipe?
Please rate it and comment below! And don't forget to take a photo, tag @eatingwithfoodallergies and hashtag it #eatingwithfoodallergies on Instagram so we can see it!