Are you looking for a quick breakfast or healthful snack? Give these wheat free banana muffins a try! My kids love them so much that I have trouble keeping them in the house for longer than a day.
To have muffins on hand for busy mornings or for an unexpected coffee guest, freeze them in an airtight container. To thaw one muffin, microwave for about 20 seconds. Breakfast has never been quicker. Enjoy!
Wheat Free Banana Muffins
- 1-1/3 cup wheat-free all-purpose flour mix
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal + 3 tablespoons warm water combine and let sit for 10 minutes
- 3/4 cup rice milk
- 3/4 cup mashed banana about 3 medium
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup "safe" chocolate chips optional We like Enjoy Life brand
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin tins with "safe" cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix well. Add the flax seed meal mixture, milk, oil, banana and vanilla extract to the dry mixture. Mix until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in the chocolate chips (optional).
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- For mini muffins, bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly in the pan, then remove from the pan. Serve them warm or transfer to a plastic container to freeze.
protein: 2.8 g