This recipe was submitted by Sarah of Lee's Summit, Missouri
Chocolate Oatmeal Sunbutter Cups
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup margarine sub we prefer Earth Balance
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter we prefer Sunbutter
- 1/2 cup allergen free chocolate chips we prefer Enjoy Life
- In a large bowl, mix oatmeal, sugar and salt; set aside.
- Melt the margarine in a small saucepan over medium heat; stir in corn syrup and vanilla.
- Add margarine mix to dry ingredients- blend well.
- Divide mixture evenly and press into 12 hole muffin tin- (we use silicone to avoid sprays and grease- you may need to prepare your tin accordingly).
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 min or until they bubble and start to brown. Remove from oven, spread each "cup" with sunflower seed butter, then sprinkle with chocolate chips. Return to oven for 2-3 minutes to melt chocolate.
- Let cool in pan, pop 'em out & enjoy!