This allergy free pudding cake is a gooey, chocolate delight that doesn't require a lot of specialty ingredients. If you have basic baking staples in your pantry, you can whip up this cake in no time!
Do you ever just need dessert but don't have a lot of time or ingredients on hand? That is exactly the position I was in one day when I found myself flipping through my trusty Better Homes & Gardens cookbook desperately looking for something to serve to last minute visitors. Finally, I came across a recipe for pudding cake with ingredients I actually had in my pantry!
The ingredients are things you probably have on hand all of the time, too. Plus, this recipe is super simple to throw together making it a great choice when you need dessert NOW!
As this cake bakes, it rises to the top and leaves a chocolate-y sauce below. It's delicious on it's own but even better served warm and topped with "safe" whipped cream or check out my soy and dairy free ice cream recipe for a delicious topping!
Allergy Free Pudding Cake
- 3/4 cup wheat free all-purpose flour mix
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup rice milk
- 1-1/2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, sugar, 1-1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder and baking powder in bowl. Add milk, oil and vanilla. Mix well. Pour batter in 8x8 inch glass baking dish. In a separate bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar and 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder. Add the boiling water and mix well. Carefully pour over the batter in the baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Serve warm.