1 Roll of Homebrand devon or cheap already cooked meat of your choice (you can use left overs)
3 cups of flour (you can use plain, self raising or both- I use both
1-2 Teaspoon full of oil (I use sunflower)
Herbs & Spices ( Your choice on which I use cayenne pepper, chives, parsley & garlic)
Leek or Onion ( Use as much as you can handle and enough to NOT over power the other flavours)
Water (as much as needed to make a nice dough)
Baking Paper or butter to line the the tray
- Cut up the devon or other pre cooked meat that you are going to use (DONT USE AN ENTIRE ROLL 1 slice or 2 should be fine)
- Put the meat you have just cut up with all other ingredients into a bowl and mix then knead into a dough
-Roll dough into a ball and then flatten it out to make a pastry
- Roll the pastry up length ways into a long log as you would a sleeping back (this will make the spiral effect)
- Slice the log/roll
- Place Spirals onto the oven tray which should have been lined with either baking paper or butter/margarine to prevent the spirals from sticking to the tray.
- Place into a preheated oven for 5-15 min around 180 C
- Check repeatedly never leave for full 5-15 min because depending on what you have put in it and your oven they can cook really fast.
THIS IS A REALLY CHEAP, EASY AND YUMMY MEAL THAT WOULD SERVE A FAMILY OF 3-4 PEOPLE.