Chocolate Oatmeal Sunbutter Cups
(Lee's Summit, MO)
2 cups oatmeal
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup margarine sub (we prefer Earth Balance)
1/4 cup corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup sunflower seed butter (we prefer Sunbutter)
1/2 cup allergen free chocolate chips (we prefer Enjoy Life)
1. In a large bowl, mix oatmeal, sugar and salt; set aside.
2. Melt the margarine in a small saucepan over medium heat; stir in corn syrup and vanilla.
3. Add margarine mix to dry ingredients- blend well.
4. Divide mixture evenly and press into 12 hole muffin tin- (we use silicone to avoid sprays and grease- you may need to prepare your tin accordingly).
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 min or until they bubble and start to brown. Remove from oven, spread each "cup" with sunflower seed butter, then sprinkle with chocolate chips. Return to oven for 2-3 minutes to melt chocolate.
6. Let cool in pan, pop 'em out & enjoy!